Gracious God, thank You for the gift of ACTheals, and for those, You have called to membership, past, present, and future. I lift each one to You now and ask that You intervene in their lives with the power of your Holy Spirit. Anoint today each member to the ministry to which You call them, Bless them, their families, and their work, and unite all members with You and each other, that as each opens to You, Your will may be done and Your people healed, for the glory of Your Name. We ask by the power of Your Holy Spirit, You touch the hearts and minds of all young healthcare professionals. Give them a hunger and thirst for You, Jesus that they may desire to be healers with Your own Heart, and continue the healing work that You have begun through ACTheals.
In Jesus' Name, I pray. Amen.
ACTheals is an association of Christian healthcare providers, clergy, and associates.
Vision: Advancing Christ-centered healthcare one healer at a time.
Mission: An international, ecumenical association providing resources and support to enable Christian healthcare professionals, clergy, and associates to:
- Experience personally the healing power of Jesus Christ.
- Integrate their professional skills, spiritual development, healing ministry, and theological understanding.
- Extend the healing presence, heart, and mind of Jesus Christ through their work and ministry under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
The vision and mission of ACTheals are grounded in the following prophetic word spoken at the founders meeting in 1975. "Redeem MY people, in your hospitals, in your clinics, in your offices. Make them MY hospitals, MY clinics, MY offices. Let ME care for them and bring them health beyond healing. Let ME care for YOU, and bring YOU to health, to wholeness, to holiness. Give ME your professional skills, your credentials; yield them to MY authorization; consecrate them to MY name, for MY glory, and I will be glorified in your healing work."
"Heal MY healers and send them forth to heal MY people.” (1986 prophetic word)
ACTheals is a Christian, non-profit organization of healthcare professionals and associates who are committed to the healing ministry of Jesus Christ and are open to integrating the gifts of the Holy Spirit into their lives and work. ACTheals recognizes that all Christians are baptized into one family of faith.
Foundation/Prophetic Call: "Redeem MY people, in your hospitals, in your clinics, in your offices. Make them MY hospitals, My clinics, MY offices. Let ME care for them and bring them health beyond healing. Let ME care for YOU, and bring YOU to health, to wholeness, to holiness. Give ME your professional skills, your credentials, Yield them to MY authorization, consecrate them to MY name, for MY glory, and I will be glorified in your healing work." (1975, Staten Island, N.Y.)1
Who Can Join?
Membership is open to all Christian physical, mental and spiritual health care professionals, clergy, religious, and associates in healing ministries, who embrace ACTheals' vision and mission.
How Are We Unique?
ACTheals is unique in its holistic approach to integrating Christian healing practices with applied healthcare. We include all healthcare practitioners -- physicians and nurses, clergy and allied health – as well as all Christian denominations in our response to Jesus’ prayer "May they all be one in us”, for full healing requires cooperation among all involved in the healing process. Further, we teach skills and provide resources not just for learning, but also for the personal healing of our members so that what we learn by experience, we are able to extend to our clients, as appropriate for each of our disciplines.
How We Live Our Christian Diversity:
Members are enriched by the spiritual perspectives and expressions of their various Christian faith traditions and by openness to the gifts and fruits of the Holy Spirit. ACTheals affirms the common values that unite all the members in the one Spirit, but at the same time, we value the unique gifts of our different members as they relate to our common goal of healing with the heart of Jesus. We hold the following core values in common:
1) Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit are One, and Jesus prays that we be one in them: “I pray not only for them [his disciples] but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me that they may be one, as we are one.” (John 17:20-22)
2) We all desire and need each other for wholeness. “We each are given a manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” (First Corinthians 12:7) “As a body is one though it has many parts, and all the parts of the body, though many, are one body, so also Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, slaves or free persons, and we were all given to drink of the one Spirit.” (First Corinthians 12:12-13)
3) The Death of Jesus opened creation to God’s unifying Love. We have to be born “from above ‘of water and spirit’ to enter the kingdom of God (John 3:5), and to “die and rise” with Jesus (Romans 6:3-4).
4) We are saved by grace through faith, by the free gift of Christ (Ephesians 2:8), and our response of believing (John 1:12; 6:29).
5) Scripture is inspired by God. “All scripture is inspired by God and useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that one who belongs to God may be competent, equipped for every good work.” (Second Timothy 3:16; Second Peter 1:20-21)
6) The Church is commissioned to spread the Gospel of Christ throughout the world. “Jesus said to them, ‘All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.’” (Matthew 28:19-20)
7) Healing and deliverance are signs of God’s active presence confirming the truth of the Gospel message. “Go into the whole world and proclaim the gospel to every creature. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned. These signs will accompany those who believe in my name; they will drive out demons, they will speak new languages…They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” (Mark 16:15-18)
8) “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8) ACTheals is enriched by the special gifts of our different denominations. We live in the context of the challenge of moving more fully toward dialogue and unity among denominations while making space also for our different forms of worship and healing ministry. We pray for the healing of our divisions and a deeper appreciation of God’s gifts throughout the whole Body of Christ.
Click here to read Ecumenical Principles of Dialogue.
Opportunities for Participation:
Regions: In addition, the Association includes Regions spread across the entire U.S.A. and Canada as well as internationally. The various regions conduct meetings, gatherings, prayer sessions, retreats and healing conferences throughout the year. This is in addition to the Annual International Conference, usually held in early autumn. For more information about regional activities, click here.
Specialty Groups: Physicians, nurses, medical technicians, dentists, psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, therapists, social workers, chiropractors, massage therapists, chaplains, clergy, religious, and associates. For more information about Specialty Groups, select the SPECIALTIES tab above.
Committees: There are six standing committees: Membership, Spiritual Life, Finance, International Conference, Program Development and Communication and Publications. All committees are staffed by volunteers and open to new members. ACT depends on members volunteering their time and talents to provide the programs and services offered.
Important Aims of ACTheals:
Support: To create environments in which health care professionals and associates can: grow spiritually; experience physical, mental, emotional, relational and spiritual healing, and; establish mutually and spiritually supportive relationships with other health care professionals and associates.
Empower: To provide education and training in traditional and contemporary Christ-centered healing practices and in releasing the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and; To encourage and facilitate the ongoing development of leading-edge Christian healing interventions.
Witness: To train and equip members in outreach and evangelization; To liaise, network and collaborate with individuals and organizations with similar and complementary visions and missions; To initiate, encourage and support scientific research dedicated to testing and demonstrating the holistic benefits of Christ-centered healing methods and techniques, and; To creatively impact the field of integrative medicine with Christian spirituality.
1The Association of Christian Therapists (organization's name changed to ACTheals in 2014) began in August 1975 at Mount St. Augustine Apostolic Center in Staten Island, New York. As a group of healthcare professionals gathered to pray, study the Word of God, and share Holy Eucharist, they received a vision for the consecration of their disciplines to God. This prophecy was a call to form such an association. The Vision and Mission statements define how ACT sees itself fulfilling this prophecy and the 1986 prophecy.