The Psychotherapists Specialty Group includes:
This specialty group includes Psychologists, Mental Health Counselors, Pastoral Counselors, School Counselors, Career Counselors, Addictions Counselors, Social Workers, and Marriage and Family Therapists.
Who We Are:
We are a community of psychotherapists within ACTheals who support and mentor each other to advance the integration of Christian spirituality and psychotherapy. We are dedicated Christian professionals who have discovered the spiritually-integrated psychotherapy.
By sharing our professional insights, best practices, and experiences, the work that God is doing through us is reproduced in others.
We are a community of practice that participates in professional educational/formational, spiritual, and social activities both in person and online.
Stephen Wise, Co-Chair
How We Engage:
We meet together face-to-face as a specialty group once a year at the ACT International Conference where we discuss issues in psychotherapy related to the conference theme.
We also meet online any time of the day, every day of the year, in our online community of practice. In the general discussion forum, you can view or start a discussion topic related to psychotherapy. There are forums and a place for individual and group documents on specific topics. You will find links to resources and other course features such as calendars, messaging, and chat rooms at Integrated Christian Psychotherapy. The community of practice is open to all, member and nonmember alike. Simply register through instructions on the above link to the home page and enter in.
The Psychotherapist Specialty Group is then a way for you to connect with your colleagues for professional, educational, social, and personal development. You will be helping others as much as you benefit yourself.
Click here to join ACTheals.
Many of our members will tell you the benefits are endless. Specifically, we offer the following to active members of ACTheals:
- Peer Support through mentoring, regional meetings, international conferences
- Intercessory prayer for specific needs for self, family, and friend
- Daily remembrance in prayer by ACTheals members
- Teaching and spiritual development for the integration of Christian spirituality with healthcare practice
- Discounts for conferences and retreats
- Discounts on books, CDs and DVDs through to ACTheals online store,"Pearl"
- Free online access to The Journal Of Christian Healing and ACTheals newsletter InterACT
- Member Center Services -- online access to member account information, committees, groups, organization, teaching and more
We have been working to make the inspired work of ACT members more accessible to all. Please let us know how else we can help you utilize these resources.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thank you!